After another epic Vancouver summer, it is time to switch gears and get back on schedule. That’s right, it’s time to head back to school. It is debatable on whether the school schedule is more difficult for kids or parents. As your premier Kitsilano solvent free dry cleaners, we would like to offer this guide to parents to best manage the back to school grind.
Check your calendar and see how many days you have left before the first day of school. About mid-August you may want to think about establishing a schedule for the family. Your family’s back to school schedule should include the following:
- Start the bedtime and wake up schedule a few weeks before the first day, so everyone is fresh and ready to go on day one.
- Reconfirm all after school activities and before and after school care and write them into your day planner.
- If your kids are starting in a new school or will be taking public transit, walk/bus the route so they are familiar with it on the first day.
- Get your back to school shopping done early, so you are not feeling stressed or short on time.
- Post a family calendar on the fridge so that all members of your family have a visual of the activities, appointments and other deadlines of the week and month.
Lay the Groundwork
It is best to establish the new school year’s expectations and rules before the first day. By laying the groundwork early, your kids will understand what the rules are. This should prevent any type of power struggle or leave you open to ongoing negotiations. Some rules or expectations that you may want to review or establish include:
- The amount of screen time on school days and weekends.
- School day and weekend bedtimes.
- When and where homework will be done in the house.
- How many and what type of activities they can chose from during the school year.
Take Advantage of Services
Once you have laid the groundwork and established a school routine and schedule, you are probably going to feel pressed for time. Time management and organization are both keys to any successful school schedule. When managing your time, look to take advantage of free services that are offered by companies. At West Boulevard Cleaners, we understand time constraints, so we offer a free pick-up and delivery service.
Here’s the Deal:
Let us take care of your back to school cleaning needs and pick them up and drop them off right at your front door. This way you will have more time to get your kids to soccer practice, piano lessons or whatever activities you are involved in.
These guidelines should help any parent get ready for that first day of school. If you would like any other tips on how to prepare for back to school or would like to take advantage of our free pick up and delivery service, please contact us today. We are proud to offer a wide range of solvent free cleaning services and look forward to seeing you soon.